Sunday, July 19, 2009

GEVORTS BOX SUMMER 2009 ISSUANCE
Track listing

01 NOMO'Invisible Cities' from Invisible Cities (Ubiquity Records)
02 Luke Vibert: 'Sparky is a Retard' from Rhythm (soundofspeed)
03 The Swing Bach Ensemble: 'Prima Ballerina' from the compilation Watch With Teacher (Winchester Hospital Radio)
04 Xper.xr: 'Theme from S-Express' from ... .. . .... .. (Great Times Recordings)
05 Manitoba: 'Tits & Ass: The Great Canadian Weekend' from Start Breaking My Heart (Leaf)
06 Das Racist & Wallpaper: 'Combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell (Wallpaper RMX)' from all over the internet
07 Young-Holt Unlimited: 'Wah Wah Man' from What It Is! - Funky Soul & Rare Grooves (Rhino)
08 John Oswald: 'Angle' from Discosphere (ReR Megacorp)
09 Makigami Koichi: 'Doipapa' from Koedarake (Tzadik)
10 Middle of the Road: 'Soley Soley' from The Very Best Of (Dino Music)
11 Jason Webley w/ Sxip Shirey: 'Joe's Phonograph' from Days With You (Eleven Records)
12 Unknown artist: 'I Lost My Girl to an Argentinian Cowboy' from the compilation Do You Know The Difference Between Big Wood and Brush (Bar/None)
13 The Chills: 'Heavenly Pop Hit' from Submarine Bells (Flying Nun)
14 Shirley & Dolly Collins: 'God Dog' from The Harvest Years (EMI)
15 Tom Dissevelt: 'Sonik Re-Entry' from the compilation Electronic Toys 2 (QDK)
16 Masha Qrella: 'Little Prince' from Speak Low (Morr Music)
17 The London Dirthole Company: 'Stripshow' from the band's web site
18 The Fugs: 'C.I.A. Man' from Greatest Hits - The Olufsen Years (Classico)
19 Billy Bang: 'Bang's Bounce' from Rainbow Gladiator (Soul Note)
20 Masonna: 'Spectrum Ripper (Part I-II-III)' from the compilation An Anthology of Noise & Electronic Music, vol.5 (Sub Rosa)
21 Wout Steenhius and the Kontikis: 'Patu Patu Ake' from the compilation Ultimate Stereo Presentation (Studio 2)
22 Peter Schilling: 'The Noah Plan' from The Different Story (World Of Lust And Crime) (Elektra)
23 The UNCG Spartones: 'Not The Same' from Ben Folds Presents University A Cappella! (Sony)
24 The Blenders: 'Don't Fuck Around With Love' from the compilation If It Ain't A Hit I'll Eat My Baby (Zu Zazz)
25 The Wonder Stuff: 'Circlesquare' 7" (Polydor)
26 Rachael Yamagata: 'Don't' from Elephants... Teeth Sinking Into Heart (Warner Bros.)
27 Professor Longhair: 'Mardi Gras in New Orleans' from the compilation Atlantic R'n'B vol.1 1947-1952 (Warner Music)
28 Bob Geldof: '1o:15' from Sex, Age & Death (Eagle)
29 Rufus Harley: 'Bagpipe Blues' from Bagpipe Blues (Atlantic)
30 Wizzard: 'Ball Park Incident' from Wizzard Brew (2006 reissue) (EMI)

The usual gentlemen's agreement obtains: if you own the copyright in any of these tracks and wish it to be removed from the Gevorts Box facility, just drop me a line.

6 comments:

Johanna Linsley said...

i love love your blog chris. in place of an intelligent response, let me just say: hurray for links to animal pictures!

Annette said...

Hi Chris, maybe this will cheer you. I was at the South Hill Park gig of Wound Man (beautiful piece, by the way, make it come to London!) and walked out behind the "He? Don't you mean she?"-girl. She was rubbing her eyes, telling her two ugg-booted mates that the show made her cry. They replied that they were also in tears. You won!

Tomas Weber said...

Yeah! I didn't know you had updated this, I thought I was going to have to wait a whole year! Yeah! Love so much of it. Watch with Teacher, Das Racist and Masonna all stand out, all three strong together. Anyway I downloaded all of it. Thanks!

alanna said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Alena

http://bluetoothspeakerphone.net

alanna said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Alena

http://bluetoothspeakerphone.net

petrenkov said...

Rather interesting site you've got here. Thanks the author for it. I like such topics and everything connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more soon.

Sincerely yours
Steave Markson