Monday, June 11, 2007

Quickie

Thanks to everyone who's responded to the last couple of posts, both here and b/c. I will reply eventually, I promise, but the next few days are pretty hectic and I'm mostly going to be offline, so please bear with me.

In the meantime, I know that many of you will want to have some idea of what excuses are legitimate for not coming to see Hippo World Guest Book at Toynbee Studios this Saturday. I'm happy to clarify the position on this. Further investigation reveals that the only valid reason for not being at Hippo World is that you've instead decided to go and see the beautiful and inspiring Tim Miller performing his new show 1001 Beds at the Drill Hall. I mean it's not a great excuse because you could see that on Sunday afternoon instead. But it's valid nonetheless because Tim rocks and it's a fantastic show, so, y'know.

Incidentally I did an interview with Tim a few days ago, which will appear here as soon as it's transcribed.

Apologies for such an insubstantial post but I just wanted to give Tim and the Hippos their barely compatible plugs before disappearing for a week or so. And seriously, if you can make it to Hippo World on Saturday it really would be great to see you there.

There's a time in my life when that would have felt like an odd sentence to write. Not any more, my friends, not any more.

3 comments:

Andrew (a West End Whinger) said...

Does this constitute a legitimate excuse: Saturday is a VERY significant birthday for Phil. It's a round number and a big one and he's having a party.

Your play sounds much more fun though.

dfc said...

Hippos are the leading cause of death in Botswana.

dfc

Martin said...

I was really intrigued by Lyn Gardner's review of your show. Did you film it? If so any chance of seeing that or any performance in London...?
Many thx
MB