Sunday, August 13, 2006

Deep joy

I ought to be packing but one of my laces got caught in Google and now it's past midnight and I'm still out wandering the interwebulatory heath in all this rain and hurricano and I promise I'll get down soon but can we please, please just pause to honour the presenters of the math-promoting 4xDVD set The Joy Of Thinking.

Their names are Michael Starbird and Edward B. Burger. I found this out over an hour ago and every time I think of it I quite literally experience joy.

I hope at the beginning of each video they do a little vaudeville song with ukuleles that begins: "Oh, Mr Starbird..." "...Yes, Mr Burger?" etc.

I wonder what the B. stands for in Professor Burger's name. If it's actually Beef, I'm going to devote the rest of my life to good works. You can hold me to it.

No comments: